Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Marriage is...

Marriage is the union of disparate elements. Male and female. Yin and yang. Proton and electron. What are we talking about here? Nothing less than the very tension that binds the universe. You see, when we look at marriage, people, we're are looking at creation itself.

"I am the sky," says the Hindu bridegroom to the bride. "You are the earth. We are sky and earth united.... You are my husband. You are my wife. My feet shall run because of you. My feet shall dance because of you. My heart shall beat because of you. My eyes see because of you. My mind thinks because of you and I shall love because of you."

~Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure

... more cool quotes can be found at my new website, Mandala Madness, hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas here. You are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...